Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Scheduled Cesarian


This was the scene at 5 a.m. November 12, 2008. We were up at 3:30 and arrived at Prentice promptly at 5. Three hours of prep work later, including consultations with the obstetrician and anesthesiologist, and we were ready.



This is a picture of Xavier freshly cut out of his mother.
I don't know how many of you have been inside any operating room witnessing an operation but it was intense. I kept my cool and chatted up Robyn on my side of the curtain. It took some time but Xavier came out with no complications. To my surprise cameras are allowed in the operating room and encouraged so we have some great shots here when Xavier is minutes into this new world.





The Operating Room Nurse even hooked us up with a nice little photo op. Please note that everyone is on the correct side of the curtain. Mommy is literally getting sewn back up on the other side of the curtain. Not cute (trust me I peeked).




Since Mommy wasn't necessarily ready to receive her newborn, Daddy made sure that Xavier got his first meal.






No comments: